Llangollen Fringe Festival 17 - 26 July 2020
Our Fringe 2020 ‘on the line’ programme has reached the end of the line for now.
All is not lost however as Fringe 2020 will continue to offer entertainment throughout the year and into 2021 also. So make sure you check the website regularly or, better still, sign up for our Fringe Newsletter which you can do from this page.
For now though, we would like to say a big thank you to all the performers, technicians and presenters who did such a great job in keeping us royally entertained as well as providing us with ‘food for thought.’
Also, of course, we would be nowhere without you our audience, thank you for tuning in and providing your support albeit at a (social) distance. Looking forward to seeing you all again...soon!
Community Art Project - Massive Heeds (Heads)
‘Massive Heeds’ [heads]
There are a number of legendary characters associated with the story of St Collen and there are a great many legendary characters associated with Llangollen both ancient and modern – people you know who are in your view living legends.
Working with selected students from Ysgol Dinas Bran and Wrexham Glyndwr University BA (Fine Arts) Programme, and taking inspiration from Arcade Fire’s Reflektor, the Arts Project this year invites you to:
- Choose the person who is your Llangollen legend!
- Make an A4 portrait drawing of their face – this can be a very simple caricature or a detailed drawing/painting – it’s entirely up to you and dependent on your level of experience, time that you have etc. It’s meant to be fun!
- Get someone to take a photograph of you in lockdown – a full-body portrait image – you may be in the garden, on a walk, in the park, in your house, striking a pose – whatever feels ‘right’.
- Write a short paragraph about who and why you have chosen the person you have as your Llangollen Legend – remember this can be a figure from history OR someone around today, someone who you think is a living legend!
- Photograph or scan your portrait drawing and save as a jpeg (no more than 2MB in size)
- Please include your name and e-mail address We will then enlarge your portrait drawing and superimpose it onto your body drawing and together with everyone else’s we will create an online Llangollen Legends Lockdown Massive Heeds Portrait Gallery!
|Event End Date||Mon-31-Aug|
|Cut off date||Mon-31-Aug|
Missed something? See most of our events from this year on our Reply 2020 page - more to be added soon!
A day of entertainment on the Triangular Square
This will be a free, public event and will be staged at the first available opportunity following 17 July. We want to make this a fun day which also serves as a showcase for local talent.
Back to the Future
*Between October and Fringe 2021
A series of Town Hall gigs featuring the Headline Performers we had planned for 'Fringe 2020', which will showcase the usual eclectic and all-embracing Fringe mix of performances
2020 Festival Ticket Holders
Here’s the deal
- Let us keep your hard-earned cash and
- You will be welcome to come along to all our Headliner gigs, free of charge
- Receive 50% off next year’s Festival Ticket and
- Come along to one of our monthly Comedy Clubs, on us of course!
... Trust us, we're the Fringe!
If you'd like to get involved, whether as a helper during the Fringe Week or as part of our organisation team, then please apply here.
Or if you'd just like to keep up with the latest developments for the 2020 festival then be sure to follow us on one of those computer-mediated social sharing outlets, like Facebook or Twitter or sign up for our newsletter on the right.
The Fringe Team
*Subject to current restrictions being lifted sufficiently to allow a gig!